Himachal Pradesh is the land of high hills and deep gorges, every nook and corner of the state is a playground for adventure lovers. It has wide range of adventure activities. The discrete landscape and hard terrain is relish for adrenalin junkies desiring for both water and land sports. The peaks covering with snow are perfect for popular adventure sports in Himachal Pradesh like Trekking, Angling and Paragliding. The adventure sports industry of Himachal Pradesh is very booming. It also influenced tourism right upto Leh to a very great extent.
Popular Outdoor Adventure Sports Activities in Himachal
There are numerous adventure sports to opt from which soldier on with your toes and leaving you overjoyed and fills you with elation. Some of the outstanding sports include Motor Cycling, River Rafting, Camping, Mountaineering, Hiking, Campaigning, Trekking, Motor Biking, Heli Skiing, Skiing and Rock Climbing. Here are several hill stations in Himachal Pradesh are listed where you must visit:
Some Adventure Activities are given below:
Trek is a long and adventurous journey taking on foot in main trekking areas like Churdhar, Gabba and nearby places. It is one of the most exciting and affordable adventure activity in Himachal Pradesh. Here are given some Trekking places in Himachal Pradesh:
Trekking Places in Himachal Pradesh
- Lahaul Spiti: It is popular among both trekkers looking for high altitude and low altitude. The one of the best trek of Himachal marks a rugged terrain, cold desert, gushing rivers and lakes. The trekking season is around June to October.
- Hampta Pass: This is the best trek as it begins from the Kullu-Manali valley. Its trekking season is around May to October.
- Kinnaur Kailash Trek: This passes through landscapes of sprawling green valleys and snow bound mountains. The best time to go here is from May-September.
- Indrahar Trek: It begins from Dharamsala in Kangra valley and goes to the present residence of Dalai Lama. It passes through deodar forests and wandering river streams. The trekking season is around May to September.
- Triund: It is at the foot of Dhauladhar range and follows from the routes of Kangra and Chamba. The visiting season is around August to October.
2. Water Sports Activities – River Rafting
It is important to know that river rafting is an adventure sport which can be enjoyed in Himachal. It becomes more popular in recent years and can be experienced in most of the state but in Himachal, it is also known as White Water Rafting. This rafting is rapidly making Himachal a main focus for the sport.
River Rafting To Do in Himachal Pradesh
- White Water Rafting in Chandra Tal River: It is the most popular adventure activities of water in the region. Chandra Tal being a white water rafting cuts through rocky banks with wild roars and flows swiftly with an enraging interest. The best time to go around June to October.
- Rafting in River Beas, Manali: The best time to go around is Summer, Spring and Autumn for white water rafting.
- Tattapani in River Satluj: 18 Kms from Naldehra atChhaba provides a starting point for 11 Km rafting. The best time to go is from April to June.
- White Water Rafting in Chandra Bhagga: The gateway to LahaulSpiti is the starting point for river rafting and the best time to go is in summers.
- White Water Rafting in Ravi near Chamba: Slowly this valley is able to find a place in adventure map of the country on an increasing scale. The best time to go is around June.
Read More About : Shimla Tourist Places To Visit
Camping is an outdoor adventure activity where campers leave urban regions, home area and take pleasure in nature while splurging one or some nights at base camp site. Camping Activities comprises water activities, aqua zorbing, play games, various sports and physical activities.
Famous Camping Site in Himachal Pradesh
- Dharamsala: Best Time to go is from March to mid of the September.
- Solang Valley: The best time to visit isfrom March to middle of September to the first half of November.
- Kullu: Best time to opt for camping is from April to middle of June and from middle of September to the first half of October.
- Chail: The best time to go isfrom March to mid of September to first half of Novemebr.
- Sangla Valley: The best time to visit these incredible valleys is from April to June and from September to November.
4. Mountain Motor Biking
Enthralling valleys, jagged roads, pleasing sceneries and picturesque mountains all these are for what person goes to biking or cycling trip.
Places to Visit for Mountain Motor Biking
- Shimla-Rampur-Sangla-Kalpa-Tabo: Mid June to September.
- Kangra Valley: Mid May to Mid June & Mid September to October.
- Tabo-Spiti-Kunzum-Keylong-Manali: Mid June to October.
- Manali-Rohtang-Gramphu-Koksar: June to September.
5. Mountain Motor Cycling
It is an adventure activity quite popular especially because of the very varied and ideal terrain. This mystrical experience feels around July to end of September.
Mountains Best Trails for Motor Cycling in Himachal Pradesh
- Magnificent Manali-Leh: Mid June to September.
- Spiti Valley: Mid June to October.
6. Jeep Safari
Himachal Pradesh offers the safari travellers can get a prospect to pass through the highs and lows, metalled and kachcha tracks, cross streams all on the best ever highway in the globe.
Jeep Safari Adventure Activities in Himachal Pradesh
- Manali to Leh
- Trans Himalayan
- Adventurous Experience at Aamod, Narkhanda
- Rumsu, Manali
It is basically of Alpine and Nordic kind. Alpine is all about skiing down sharply inclined slopes but the Nordic is more adventurous one includes cross country skiing and jumping.
Skiing in Himachal Pradesh
- Skiing Adventure destinations are snow clad slopes of PirPanjal, Shivalik and Dhauladhar.
- Kufri near Shimla, is the beautiful place which you should endure in the winter.
- Narkanda also offers the kind of terrain that put your skiing talent onto a test.
Read More About : Shimla Haunted Places To Visit
8. Paragliding & Hang gliding
Himachal Pradesh is known as the Paragliding Capital of India. These are some type of sports that makes you feel like carefree kite in the sky and soaking up the kids. Some of the places that are famous for para gliding and hang gliding:
Para Gliding & Hang Gliding Sites in Himachal Pradesh
- BijliMahadeo near Bhunter
- Bir & Billing in Kangra Valley
- Bundladhar near Bilaspur
- Intkali near Shimla
- Solang in Kullu Valley
Palampur is the important paragliding site. The best time to visit here is from March to June and mid September to November.
9. Ice Skating
Ice Skating in Himachal Pradesh
It is an elegant sport cum exploration doings which may be discovered at Shimla, the capital of H.P. known as Shimla Ice Skating. From the beginning of December to February, you can visit for ice hockey on ice rink of natural snow.
Zorbing is a recreational sport activities and is also known as globe riding, sphering. Some of the places are:
Zorbing Adventure Sports in Himachal Pradesh
- Solang Valley: To roll down into a huge transparent ball and enjoy great views from every angle.
- Manali: It is 14 Kms away from Manali. The best time to visit is from January to May and October to December.
- Khajjiar: Also known as Switzerland of India just because of its beauty and view. It is a natural combination of lake, field and forest and one can visit there from March to October.
11. Rock Climbing & Mountaineering
Himachal Rock Climbing & Mountaineering Adventure Sport
The activity in which participants climb up the rock walls made in a natural way or artificial rock walls also. Some adventurous destinations include Patalsu Peak in Manali, Shitidharmountain (Manali), Beas Kund, Friendship Peak in Pir Panjal and Mount DeoTibba.
Read More About : Romantic Tourist Destinations For Honeymoon
It is much safer and anyone with usual strength can participate in it. It is an adventure sport in which one experiences exhilarating way to require knowledge of the sport. Some peak Rappelling places are:
Rappelling Adventure Activity in Himachal Pradesh
- Kasol: Situated in Parvati Valley, Village in Himachal Pradesh.
- Chhatru: Small village on Kaza-Keylong road after Kunzum Pass.
- Tirthan Valley: Most breathtaking places in all Himachal Pradesh.
- Dalhousie: Most stunning picturesque hill station in Himachal Pradesh.
The best time to visit for Rappelling is from January to December. Excellent terrains include Aleo, Shuru, Nehru Kund and Kothi.